skip to main content


For more detailed information, refer to the Student Handbook.

What is the Dress Code?
Monte Vista has a strict dress code that is expected to be followed:
  • Tops: Students must have a sleeve covering the shoulder and garments must fully cover the chest, back, and stomach. Tank tops of any nature are not allowed. 
  • Bottoms: Pants are expected to be worn at the waist. The length of shorts and skirts must be longer than the students' outstretched fingertips at the thigh. Additionally, holes in pants are not permitted above the fingertips. 
  • Hats: To ensure the safety of all students, headgear is not allowed on campus from 8 am - 4 pm. The exception to the rule will be on Fridays where MV beanies and hats will be allowed as part of our spirit days. 
What is the Electronic Device Policy?
Cell phones are not allowed to be used in classrooms unless your teacher directly states that cell phone use is acceptable.  Cell phones are allowed to be used before school, after school, during break, during lunch, and during passing periods.

Who do I call if I need to miss school?
Your parent/guardian must phone the attendance office at (619) 660-3031 on EACH DAY OF YOUR ABSENCE. If you need to leave school early during the school day, YOU MUST CHECK OUT THROUGH THE ATTENDANCE OFFICE PRIOR TO LEAVING. Please bring a signed note to the Attendance Office before the school day to receive an off-campus pass.

What do I do if I lose my student ID card?
Students are required to carry their student ID card while on campus. It is used to check out textbooks, use the library, and access the internet. Lost or stolen ID cards can be replaced in the Finance Office for a replacement fee of $10.00 per card.

What is an ASB Card?
An ASB card is a sticker on the back of your student ID that provides free admission to all home events and many discounts at other school activities. Students may buy an ASB card at the beginning of the school year during registration, or from the Finance Office.

Where is the School Nurse's Office?
The School Nurse is Mrs. Jennifer Schmidt-Enright and she is located in the Front Office. The School Nurse will give first aid to all students who become ill or are injured during school hours. If necessary, the Nurse will notify parents for transportation home or to their physician. The Nurse will not dispense medication unless prescribed by a doctor. All medications should be checked in with the nurse immediately upon arrival on campus.

How do I become eligible to play sports?
To participate in athletics (including Cheerleading) you must complete a clearance process which includes: showing proof of insurance or purchasing school insurance, a physical exam by your own doctor, purchase of an A.S.B. Card, and signing various forms.  You must maintain a 2.0 GPA, be enrolled in five, 5.0 credit courses, and cannot have more than 2 U's from 2 different teachers to be eligible to participate.  Athletic eligibility is determined every six weeks, according to the student's progress report grades.