skip to main content

Do you live in our boundaries?

To find out if you live in our boundaries, visit .
Enter your address, then click on “Find my school.” Your school name will pop up over the map.

Do you have a sibling currently attending Monte Vista?

Students who do not live in our boundaries, but have a sibling that is currently attending Monte Vista High can enroll with us. First,  register through the District online registration process . As part of that process, you will receive an email with instructions to connect to your new Parent Portal.  You will make your transfer request in Parent Portal under the “School Choice” button. List “Sibling-Transfer” as the reason for your request.

School Choice

Do you live in another area in GUHSD? You are welcome at Monte Vista. Students who do not live in another area of GUHSD will need to apply for a transfer. GUHSD offers a transfer opportunity through the Open Enrollment process. The window to apply is open from January 8th - March 2nd. More Information

Administrative Exception

If you missed Open Enrollment, (Jan. 8-Mar.2) and your student does not live in our boundaries, you can request to attend Monte Vista if you have a documented hardship. First, register through the District online registration process as outlined in the mailer you will receive at the end of January. If you live within district boundaries, go to your home school to follow the Administrative Exception process. Applications will be considered May 1st and later.

Interdistrict Transfer

If your student lives outside our district boundaries, you will need to go to the district office of your home school and ask for a transfer request to Grossmont Union High School District with the desired school as Monte Vista High School.  More Information


Call (619) 660-3025 to speak with a vice principal if you have any questions.

Registration 1920